As a former prosecutor, I spent nearly a decade prosecuting crimes and gaining invaluable experience handling exclusively criminal cases. During that time, I completed nearly 40 criminal jury trials and negotiated thousands of criminal cases. As a former prosecutor, I know how a prosecutor is likely to view and evaluate a case, how a prosecutor is likely to value and thus negotiate a case, and finally, how a prosecutor prepares a case for trial and argues that case to a jury.
Now, as a criminal defense attorney, I put my experience as a former prosecutor to use defending my clients to ensure that their rights are preserved, that they are informed throughout all stages of a criminal case, and that they are given an honest and informed valuation of the strengths and weaknesses of their particular case.
- Every person deserves excellent representation, regardless of whether they are charged with a misdemeanor or with one of the most serious felony offenses.
- Every person deserves excellent representation, regardless of whether they are guilty or innocent of the charged offense.
- Every person deserves excellent representation, regardless of whether they have a lengthy criminal history or if they have no criminal history at all.
If you are in need of excellent representation in a criminal case, contact me now to set up a free consultation to see if The Law Office of Gregory Rollins is the right fit for you.
Greg Rollins grew up in Riverside County, obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree from UC Riverside, and his Juris Doctorate law degree from Western State University College of Law in Fullerton after graduating at the top of his class. In law school, Greg led the school’s Moot Court Team, served as president of the Christian Legal Society, and took specialized classes in criminal law and procedure, negotiations and trial practice. After law school, Greg passed the California Bar Examination, widely regarded as the hardest bar examination in the country, on his first attempt. Greg has been a licensed attorney in California since 2010.
Greg first began working for the Riverside County District Attorney’s Office as a law clerk, and then later served as a prosecutor for nearly a decade. During his lengthy and distinguished career as an award-winning Riverside County prosecutor, Greg served in a variety of units (misdemeanors, felonies, major narcotics, domestic violence) and handled a wide range of cases ranging from the lowest-level misdemeanors to most serious felonies. Greg has handled criminal cases involving DUI and other driving-related offenses, assault, theft, auto theft, burglary, robbery, domestic violence, narcotic sales and possession, narcotics manufacturing, attempted murder, and murder.
As a prosecutor, Greg tried 40 cases, conducted hundreds of hearings, and negotiated or settled thousands of criminal cases. Greg was recognized two years in a row as the Riverside County Misdemeanor Attorney of the Year. Greg’s past experience as a Riverside County Prosecutor gives him unique and invaluable experience in handling, negotiating, and trying criminal cases.
Greg eventually chose to leave his career as a prosecutor behind and to open his own law practice so that he could put his skills and experience to use fighting for individuals, not the government. As a criminal defense attorney, Greg defends the rights of his clients and tirelessly seeks the best outcome for every client in every case.
Greg uses his experience to look at cases through the eyes of a prosecutor, identify the weaknesses in the cases, and then attacks the case as a skilled criminal defense attorney. Greg is a respected member of the Riverside legal community, known for his commitment to excellence both in and out of the courtroom.
“As a criminal defense attorney I now have the privilege to help the judge, jury, and prosecutor see the bigger picture, and to argue for an outcome that takes into account not only the crime charged, but the bigger picture as well.” -Gregory Rollins
- American Bar Association-Member
- ARAG Legal Insurance Attorney Provider-Member
- California DUI Lawyers Association (CDLA)-Member
- California State Bar-Member
- Christian Legal Society (CLS)-Member
- National Trial Lawyers Organization-Member
- Riverside County Bar Association (RCBA)-Member
- Riverside County Criminal Defense Bar Association-Member
- UC Riverside Alumni Association-Member
- California District Attorneys Association (CDAA)-former member
- California Narcotics Officers’ Association (CNOA)-former member
- Riverside County Deputy District Attorney Association (RCDDAA)-former member
Awards & Distinctions
- 2020 The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- 2018 California Public Information Officials (CAPIO) Epic Award Winner for Involvement with Butane Honey Oil Awareness Video
- Featured in Riverside County District Attorney’s Office’s Award-Winning Butane Honey Oil Awareness Video
- 2018 Unit of the Year Award-Domestic Violence, Riverside County DA’s Office
- 2012 Misdemeanor Attorney of the Year-Riverside County DA’s Office
- 2012 Mothers Against Drunk Driving Outstanding Prosecutor Award
- 2011 Misdemeanor Attorney of the Year-Riverside County DA’s Office
- Former community representative for the Riverside County DA’s Office