By: Gregory Rollins
Share This Article
Riverside County Misdemeanor Case Process General Overview
Here are the main steps in the life of a Riverside County misdemeanor case from the incident through sentencing:
- An incident occurs.
- Law enforcement investigates the incident and writes reports.
- The District Attorney’s Office reviews the filing packet and decides whether to file criminal charges, and if so, what charges to file.
- Arraignment-the defendant enters a plea of “guilty” or “not guilty” to the charges on the complaint.
- Trial readiness conference (TRC)-meeting between lawyers in court to prepare for trial or resolve the case.
- Trial-DA will attempt to prove each and every charge beyond a reasonable doubt to the jury to obtain a conviction.
- Sentencing hearing-judge will sentence the defendant to a punishment for the charges the defendant was convicted of.
- Riverside County Misdemeanor Case Process Part 1: Incident Thru Arraignment
- Riverside County Misdemeanor Case Process Part 2: Arraignment Thru Sentencing
- Riverside County Felony Case Process General Overview
Criminal defense attorney and former Riverside County prosecutor Gregory Rollins uses his unique experience and expertise to defend the rights of the accused, provide meaningful legal advice to his clients, and to fight for the best possible outcome for every client in every case. If you or a loved one has been charged with a crime, it is important to make sure that your rights (or those of your loved-one) are protected.
Contact criminal defense attorney and former prosecutor Gregory Rollins to set up a free consultation.